To begin this workshop exercise we noted down a range of IDEAS both literally and experimentally on a a3 sheet. Initially we explored this exercise by noting down a range of keywords that would relate to the apple nano. A major importance in understanding the brief was to create a design ad or poster that maintained the professionalism of the apple brand. So therefore we wanted to approach our ideas in a clean and straight forward way. Below i will put down the range of ideas we came up with..
APPLE NANO DESIGN IDEAS//
- MOVING OBJECTS SUCH AS HEADPHONES GIVING A PLAYFUL LOOK, REPRESENTS MUSIC PLAYING FROM NANO, ITS INTENTION IS TO BE ALIVE, ACTIVE AND ENERGETIC.
- VIBRATIONS, SHAPES OF NANO SEPERATE OUT INTO BASIC SHAPES, VERY MINIMAL
- ONCE MORE SOMEONE PLAYING WITH NANO, BECOMES ABSTRACTIVE AND FALLS DOWN ONTO FLOOR AS BASIC SHAPES. THEN X-RAY SHUTTER COMES DOWN AND X-RAYS THE NANO.
- INVOLVE A NANO WORLD THING, NANO TRAVELLING THROUGH THIS WORLD SURREALIST STYLE. VERY GRAPHICAL ETC.
- IDEA OF LOOKING BACK INTO HISTORY OF MUSIC PLAYERS SUCH AS GRAMOPHONES,VINYLS, CD'S AND THE NANO, TRACKING BACK IN TIME EFFECTIVE FORM OF DISSONANCE.
- MAP IDEA, PIN POINTING AREAS WHERE PEOPLE OWN NANO, ZOOM INTO MAP AND THEN FOCUS ONE PERSON'S LIFE. VISUALISATION MAJOR QUOTE WOULD BE " I HAV E ONE ", THIS COULD DEVELOP INTO A RANGE OF ADVERTS THAT LOOK AT DIFFERENT PEOPLE. EXAMPLE OF THIS COULD POSSIBLY INCLUDE ENDORSEMENT
- LASTLY USING ELECTRIC VOLTS, FOLLOWING STREAMS THROUGH HISTORY OF MUSIC ETC..
After overviewing the ideas we decided to use the map idea to develop into a television commercial idea. This idea would involve the use of different characters such as business man, skater kid and elderly person. By doing this is differentiates the characters to form a cogintive disonance. Also the look of the commerical would be from a apple desktop that is realistic simialr to google earth etc. To make this idea come alive tom illustated a story board of the idea.
Personally this idea is successful in continuing the apple style due to its minimalism, but also a message to the audience.